Reserve Parachute Seminar - Paragliding - $147
Our Paragliding Reserve Parachute Seminar will prepare pilots for flying our upcoming SIV course.
Having a reserve parachute installed in your paragliding harness is only half the battle. Understanding the "throw or no-throw" scenario is a complex set of decisions and requires a well-understood decision tree.
The paragliding reserve parachute throw sequence itself requires a precise methodology that can be executed in extreme situations as an autonomous, systematic response.
Having the skills to inspect, maintain and repack your paragliding reserve is essential to being a pilot, especially when traveling in a third world countries.
Course components include:
- Classroom theory including multi-media displays of paragliding reserve deployments gone well and deployment scenarios gone bad
- Paragliding Reserve Parachute design brief
- Pre-flight checks
- Why to throw, flight attitudes and altitudes that warrant reserve deployment
- When to deploy
- How to deploy your paraglider reserve parachute: mantra
- Low altitude deploy reserve ride considerations
- High altitude deploy reserve ride considerations
- Dangerous landing sites
- Parachute Landing Fall (PLF)
- Tree Extraction for paraglider pilots
- Multiple reserve deployments from a paragliding simulator
- Multiple paragliding reserve repacks in a small group size
- Tree extraction kit for paragliders practicum
Our paragliding reserve parachute seminar is conducted in a small group size so we can throw and repack sufficient times in an un-rushed environment. The principle is that you will be able to repack on your own in the future provided you stay current and repack every 6 months.
We look forward to helping pilots thoroughly understand how paragliding reserve parachutes are designed to function; when and how to deploy their reserves; what to do during a reserve ride; and how to repack.
1-Day Reserve Parachute Seminar - $147
Students must have their own complete set of paragliding equipment: Reserve parachute and harness. Full payment for the Paragliding Reserve Parachute Seminar must be received prior to commencement of training, with no refunds for partial course completion. Pilots must notify us of thier specific paragliding harness make and model and reserve make and model. Pilots must research and bring with them the manufacturers repacking instructions for thier specific reserve. We reserve the right to discontinue training any paragliding student not following directions or conducting themselves in a manner that may endanger themselves or others.