Social Links

Top Gun References

We recently graduated a CF-18 Hornet Pilot from our Top Gun iP2 Novice Paragliding Pilot program.  Read about his impressions of iParaglide.

iParaglide Location

Located at 962 - 51st Street Tsawwassen, near Vancouver, BC, Canada, for all your paragliding needs. We are ideally situated just minutes away from the finest training hill at Diefenbaker Park.

iParaglide Flying Sites

We are central to paragliding sites in the Vancouver, Chilliwack, Pemberton, Whistler, Bellingham and Seattle area so students enjoy maximum variety and we can work with weather to optimize selection of the best location each day.

Right Stuff Equipment

We regularly test fly the latest paragliding gear and select only the very finest for our iParaglide Right Stuff Paragliding Equipment Store. This ensures our paraglider pilots enjoy a state of the art performance and safety advantage to accelerate their learning curve.

Paragliding Webcams

Vancouver Paragliding Webcams - get a view of cloud base to plan your paragliding cross country flight adventure.

Woodside Mtn Webcam

Bridal Webcam

Chilliwack Webcam

Hope Webcam 

Pemberton Webcam

Bellingham Bay Webcam

Tiger Mtn Webcam 

« iParaglide Right Site Weather Jul 13 | Main | iParaglide Right Site Weather Jun 29 »
Sunday
Jun302019

iParaglide Right Site Weather Jun 30

Paragliding Weather forecast for Vancouver, Chilliwack, Bellingham, Seattle, Whistler & Pemberton areas, based on data available at 0500.

High pressure with mostly clear skies.

YVR 3000 ft winds aloft light and variable. Valley flow light east outflow to 5 km/hr becoming inflow to 15 km/hr by mid day. Novice peak lapse rate -2.3C/1000ft.

SEA 3000 ft winds aloft North to 17 km/hr. Valley winds light and variable and increasing to NNW to 16 km/hr. Advanced peak lapse rate -2.8C/1000ft. 

iParaglide Right Site Ranking:

1. Paragliding Chilliwack: -3.2C/1000ft advanced peak lapse rate.  Woodside for novice P2 pilots 0700-1200 and 1800-2100 with conditions becoming advanced 1200-1800 with strong thermals.  Bridal should be great today with light and variable winds aloft allowing for anabatic conditions to develop along the ridge line and strong thermal climbs.  P2 pilots 1000-1300 and 1800-2100 with advanced P4 conditions 1300-1800. 90% paragliding chances. 

2. Paragliding Vancouver: -2.3C/1000ft novice peak lapse rate.  Grouse for GMFT P4 advanced pilots 1000-2100. 90% paragliding chances.

3. Paragliding Bellingham: -2.7 C/1000ft advanced peak lapse rate. Blanchard may be below N wind aloft influence with sea breeze dictating flows. Notwithstanding, watch for possible rough P4 advanced conditions 1100-1800. Paragliding prospects 70% for advanced pilots. 

4. Paragliding Pemberton: -2.8C/1000ft advanced peak lapse rate. Pemberton with light and variable wind aloft allowing for XC in any direction, however watch for possible over development in afternoon with 30% POP and possibility of thunderstorms.  Mt. McKenzie with P2 conditions 0900-1200 then watch for increasing P4 advanced conditions.  80% chances to paraglide early, with progressively decreasing chances and possibility of thunderstorm in afternoon. 

5. Paragliding Whistler: -3.0C/1000ft advanced peak lapse rate. Watch for possible over development in afternoon with 30% POP and possibility of thunderstorms. Whistler Team P4 pilots 0900-1400, then watch for overdeveloped conditions. Chances to paraglide 70% early, with progressively decreasing chances and possibility of thunderstorm in afternoon. 

6. Paragliding Seattle: -2.8C/1000ft advanced peak lapse rate. North wind aloft placing Tiger in lee side, combined with strong lapse rate making for rough conditions. Paragliding not recommended today. 

 

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>