The purity of expending your own energy to reach a mountain summit, and to be rewarded by a fantastic flight under gravity back down, is an eco-adventure that gets to the heart of how paragliding got started. Para-alpinists can now take advantage of the latest inspired paragliding harness design optimized to save weight and bulk.
The Energy Cross convertible paragliding harness with adjustable back rest is easy to transform, elegant in design, and offers lots of storage space. The paraglider, complete with helmet, instruments and flight suit, are easily stowed away. It replaces a high-end comfort rucksack and offers the same sitting comfort as all Energy paragliding harnesses. Energy Cross offers a compact pack volume and a weight of only 4.3 kg for the S, 4.5 kg for the M and 4.7 for the L.
The Flash System
The latest innovation from the Icaro R & D team, and unique to the paragliding market, is the new optimized back length adjustment system, appropriately named the Flash-System.
Simple adjustment of a central buckle enables a customized, fast and optimum configuration of the suspension system for each pilot. The back pack can be adjusted to the precise body height of the paraglider pilot, and hence offers the best fit possible. This will be most appreciated by mountain alpinists.
The Energy Cross enables very comfortable mountain climbs, and beautiful paragliding flights, without much effort.
Features of the backpack:
- backpack suspension customizable to pilot size
- lateral elastic outer pocket for drinks
- length adjusting shoulder straps
- chest belt with whistle
- light, pre-formed, removable hip belt
- lateral outer pocket
- two lateral compression straps on each side
- two hand straps
Harness Key Advantages
The Energy Cross paragliding harness is the successful composition of six components:
1. It offers great sitting comfort and exceptional weight shift control of the paraglider utilizing the proven sitting geometry of the well known Energy Light, for comfort and performance on extended multi hour cross country paragliding flights;
2. The entire back and hips are highly protected by a LTF 91/09 and EN 1651 approved airbag-protector and avoids blunt trauma;
3. The paragliding reserve parachute is ideally mounted, below the seat, and available in either right side extraction or left (by special order);
4. The large back pocket of the energy cross offers enough space for storing alpine gear during the flight;
5. The elegant and ergonomic backpack converts easily and quickly to the harness;
6. The entire unit is light weight and compact, yet very durable, making it ideal for day-to-day flying or for mountaineering.
Range of use: Ideal for mountaineering where a tight fitting and well balanced, stable back pack is preferred, or for daily use for paraglider pilots that prefer more compact and lighter weight equipment.
Seat plate measurements:
Size S: width 32 cm, depth 35 cm. Size M: width 35 cm, depth 38 cm. Size L: width 39 cm, depth 41 cm.
Colour: anthracite / light grey / reflector stripes and stitched logo.
Oxygen Paraglider and Energy Cross: a Para-Alpinists Dream at 8.5 kg
Recognizing the trend back towards alpine trekking and flying, Icaro has designed a class leading light weight mountain paraglider, the Oxygen, when combined with the Energy Cross paragliding harness, complete the dream alpine kit. With the Oxygen and Energy Cross the weight is a mere 8.5 kg and will travel internationally at a pack volume not much larger than a traditional backpack.